Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Plot Thickens

I learned something rather interesting the other day.

Gavin, our ECD here at Ogilvy, was asking me about this little mission of mine.

When he enquired to what my first step was to be to win this lion, I told him that it was to submit my work from a good agency, in this case, Ogilvy and Mather Hong Kong. The idea was that work is judged by the agency first, or it at least had some sway with the judges’ opinion.

He was quick to inform me that when the judges receive ads, there is no information attached to them that links them to an agency.

The work must stand entirely on its own.

In other words, it is judged without bias, which I found somewhat surprising (although looking back on it, I’m not entirely sure why).

So. The next step is to make a formidable ad…and I have just the client in mind.

No comments: